After 400 years of slavery, Africa is rising up with the banners of Islam.
Excerpt from the Juma’ khutba at Masjid Jamaat al-Muslimeen in Baltimore.
The organized concerted effort by the secular intelligentsia, artists, moviemakers and writers who have made it their lifetime goal to chip at Islam from all aspects in a systematic manner.
The most recent one being a lighted match on an oil field by insulting the Prophet pbuh, and the edicts of the Quran regarding adoption and other injunctions for humankind in order to lead a just and righteous life.
The major ideological groups that have come together to fling mud on the pure persona of Prophet Muhammad pbuh and bring the Muslims of the world and the western Governments to butt heads are primarily Zionists (who though are called Jews are secular & imperialistic in their ideology): http://www.nkusa.org/aboutus/zionism/index.cfm) Now perhaps the secularized (under the Zionist influence) Coptic (Egyptian) Christians have joined them while seeking protection in the United States for their blatant inflammatory incitation against the heart of Islam.
Here are the main points of the Khutbah:
- The enemies of Islam have made a serious mistake of attacking the best of men, and the beloved of Allah Subhanawataala: Muhammad, pbuh, who is dearer to Muslims than their own lives.
Allah Subhanawataala says in the Quran:
The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers……….The Quran Surah Al Ahzaab 33:6 (translation by Yusuf Ali)
2. The Zionist Jews began the systematic onslaught by attacking Hadith because they know US Muslims are deficient in the study of Hadith. However they did not realize that Muslim scholars have studied EACH hadith and categorized its strength and weakness. There is nothing that these enemies of Islam can tell us about Hadith.
3. They then started attacking the beloved wife of the Prophet, pbuh, Aisha, r.a., not realizing that Aisha, r.a., is the greatest Muslim woman, scholar, teacher, orator, poet, leader; pious, virtuous and chaste as witnessed by Allah Almighty himself.
5. Some “Muslim” agents of the government are trying to fool the Muslim public and say that Muhammad, pbuh, forgave his enemies so we should too! I would say to these agents: If you are personally attacked, forgive the attacker. That is not the issue.
6. By attacking Muhammad, pbuh, the Zionists and Islam haters are attacking the ENTIRE ISLAMIC WAY of LIFE. The way we live, all our fasting and festivals, our marriages, our food, our child upbringing, our habits of cleanliness, EVERYTHING is connected to the example of the Prophet, pbuh.
7. Thus an attack on the Prophet, pbuh, is cultural GENOCIDE, an attempt to destroy Islam and the identity of Muslims and to make them ashamed to call themselves as such. It’s like telling a child: Your mother is a whore and you are not legitimate!
8. This is coming from the Zionists, the pariahs of the world. Look at their morality:
i) They support fornication, adultery and the battering of women. More than 4,000,000 women are battered in the USA the moral and political guidelines of which are rapidly transferring to the control of Zionists.
ii) The movies the Zionists produce are chock full of images of violence against women.
iii)Now they have come out openly in support of homosexuality. Man on man, woman on woman. Can scum cover the purity of the Prophet (pbuh)? They want to attack the Prophet, pbuh, and teach us morality?
iv) Allah categorizes us as Muslim, Mumin, Muhsin, Mujahid, and Shaheed. These Zionists categorize Muslims as fundamentalists [those who pray and fast], extremists [those who protest peacefully against occupation of Muslim lands] and terrorists [those who resist occupation of their homeland with weapons].
12. Let us examine how “brave” are these people are who want to criticize our beloved, brave, just and gentle Prophet PBUH under the guise of the first amendment:
13. They sit in Tampa, Florida and fire missiles into Afghan & African villages. Their drones slaughter women children and old men under the guise of “suspected militants.” Is this courage and justice?
14.They bomb villagers in impoverished Muslim countries who have no anti-aircraft guns and no food and then boast of their heroism and refer to their victims as “terrorists.”
15.They occupy Muslim lands and claim that Muslims are so violent that they don’t want their lands occupied!
16.Most of them are the progeny of those who carried on slavery for 400 years, raped every black woman and exterminated entire tribes of Native Americans. With this historical background they want to set the moral standards for Muslims and have the gumption to criticize the Prophet, pbuh?
17. For years under the guise of business corporations they have misled the innocent unsuspecting people of Africa and looted their wealth and polluted their soil and water.
Now Africa is rising up with the banners of Islam. Libya, Egypt, Somalia, Sudan, Nigeria… our African brothers and sisters are becoming game changers……..
Allah Subhanawataala in the Quran describes the fate of those who harm or insult the Prophet pbuh:
بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
[111:1] Yusuf Ali
Perish the hands of the Father of Flame! Perish he!
[111:2] Yusuf Ali
No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains!
[111:3] Yusuf Ali
Burnt soon will he be in a Fire of Blazing Flame!
[111:4] Yusuf Ali
His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood – As fuel!-
[111:5] Yusuf Ali
A twisted rope of palm-leaf fiber round her (own) neck!
Allah knows best!
Personal from Kaukab Siddique, Editor NT: It’s my mother’s birthday anniversary. We are strange people. Let me explain. My ancestors came from Arabia to India and married among the proud Rajputs who were starting to embrace Islam. My mother inherited the generosity and gentleness of the Arab woman along with the self-respect and sense of honor and pride of the Rajputs. She was a beautiful woman both physically and spiritually. She stood with the Qaid-e-Azam, the founder of Pakistan, at a time when most women did not speak out. India could hear the thunder of the awakening Muslim masses chanting: Pakistan ka matlab kiya? La illaha illalah. It was the invincible call of history in the making. Pakistan, a new nation, emerged from the heart of darkness that was India. Both the Hindus and the British were determined that Pakistan should not be born or should die soon after birth. People like my mother through hard, honest, work made Pakistan a reality.
For my mother, success was the future which she would never see in her own life but which she made possible. For her Pakistan was a dream from the life of the Prophet, pbuh, as sung in the lilting verses of Hafiz Jullundhri and in the visionary power of the cadences of Allama Iqbal’s Masjide Qurtuba. She suffered much but nothing could defeat her. One would think she was soft but her endurance showed that she was made of spiritual steel.
In her own quiet, mild, way she encouraged me to think about the rights of women in Islam. She made my books possible.
Now I see the spiritual beauty of my mother and her sublime faith in Allah emerging in my sister. For my sister, Islam was even more difficult because she was almost secularized by the seductive call of America. I see in her, Islam victorious in the battle for the hearts and souls of highly educated Muslims. Islam is not easy to live in America, but my sister is winning. She is praying, going to Makka and Madinah, loving the hijab. For a highly secularized woman to voluntarily accept the hijab is a sign for us. We can see in her the miracle of Allah’s message. As she moves forward, I sense my mother’s spirit behind her, smiling with joy.
The role of women in Islam beyond a wife and mother is a mystery to most Muslims.
The diversity of the roles that Muslim women played in supporting, and actively spreading the message of Islam is truly unique in the history of women’s movements.
Nowhere have women from any faith, country, and socioeconomic and racial background consistently made such a mark on history as Muslim women have in the time of the Prophet pbuh.
We as Muslims follow, and do as the Prophet did. Muslim women revere and copy what the wives of the Prophet did as well as follow the Sahabiat and the Tabaeen women.
The role of women in the Islamic movement led by Muhammad Mustafa, pbuh is a living example for all Muslim women to follow, from the most fragile (physically) to the most intelligent and or strong.
Large segments of the Qur’an were revealed with reference to Islamic women.
Let’s look at the key moments in the mission of Muhammad, pbuh which illustrate the multifaceted roles that Muslim women had in impacting society:
1. The revelation of the Qur’an in the cave of Hira. The Prophet, pbuh, went to his wife, Khadija, r.a. Not only did she comfort him, she advised him and supported him. For the rest of her life, she placed her funds and resources at his disposal especially when the unbelievers blocked him at every step.
2. Would people be willing to sacrifice their lives for Islam? The answer came from Sumayya, r.a., the slave woman who was the first martyr of Islam. This was in Makka before Jihad became mandatory. She defied the slave master though she was poor and helpless.
3. During the Hijra, central to Islamic history, Asma, r.a. climbed the mountain every day and brought food to the Prophet, pbuh, while he was concealed in the cave of Thawr, at great risk to her own life and dignity. She brought up her son Abdullah [ibn Zubair] as one of the greatest opponents of kingship. She herself defied the Umayyad tyrant.
4.One of the closest companions of Muhammad, pbuh, was his youthful wife Aisha, r.a., who did more for the rights of women than any other woman in history.
Chapter 24 of the Qur’an is about her and condemns male attitudes towards women.
- Through her the Prophet, pbuh, undermined the Jewish bigotry against menstruating women.
- Tayammum, which makes prayer possible when water is not available was revealed with reference to an incident related to Aisha, r.a. [Chapter 4 verse 43].
- Later she led an army including prominent Islamic leaders to punish the murderers of Usman, r.a. Aisha, r.a., was a woman leading men!
5. At the battle of Uhud, a woman, Umm Ummarah, r.a., saved the Prophet’s (pbuh) life when he had been left almost alone by men who were being attacked by Khalid [at that time not a Muslim]. She took part in many battles and was honored by the first Caliph, Abu Bakr, r.a.
6. At the treaty of Hudaibiya, the Muslims were stunned by what seemed an unequal agreement. The Prophet (pbuh) was advised by Umm Salama, r.a., and he accepted her advice, which completely changed the situation.
7. Umm Waraqah, r.a., memorized the Qur’an and led women in congregational prayers in the Prophet’s mosque, again demonstrating that the Qur’an is not the monopoly of men.
8. The Prophet, pbuh, died in the arms of Aisha, r.a., and she bore witness that he did not appoint anyone to be the ruler of the Muslims after him. Thus the great majority of Muslims on the basis of one woman’s witness rejected the concept of hereditary rule.
Most people do not realize that the powerful Persian and Roman empires with huge military forces collapsed in front of small Islamic armies commanded by Abu Bakr, Umar and Usman, Allah be pleased with them.
These empires were based on slavery and the subjugation of women. Their people knew that Islam would liberate them; hence they did not have the heart to fight the Islamics.
Historical review of the multifaceted roles of Muslim women becomes mandatory for the understanding of the Quran and Hadith as a large part of it has to do with women and their relationship to society and men.
It is a great disservice to the female gender to restrict their growth and development in the Deen of Islam to wife and mother only.
The roles of the Sahabiat and the women of Islam are a lighted torch for all Muslim women to follow and for all others to seek guidance from.
INTERESTED IN READING ABOUT THE PROPHET PBUH FEMALE COMPANIONS?
PLEASE CLICK HERE…………..
SIGNIFICANCE OF HADITH: COULD THE COLORADO MASSACRE HAVE BEEN PREVENTED BY ACTING ON THE WORDS OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH)?
A Hadith message could have saved James Holmes who committed a massacre in Aurora, Colorado and prevented the death of so many innocent men, women and children.
[from Yusuf el-Irlandi, Advocacy Director Jamaat al-Muslimeen, Tennessee]
Since this is the best of all months, naturally I wanted to give nasihah to myself and to the readers about the fad’il of Ramadan. But, then we had a recent tragedy in Aurora, CO here in the U.S. in which a gunman opened fire in a crowded movie theater and left 12 confirmed dead (including babies) and many more wounded. The suspect in his mugshot had a broad smile on his face. He did not once tell the authorities his motive. He waited patiently in his vehicle for the authorities to arrest him and did not put up any resistance.
What was the cause of all of this?
We can only speculate, and of course, the suspect is innocent until proven guilty. But, the fact of the matter lies in the lack of community and brotherhood/sisterhood in Western society.
Islam teaches us that all of humanity is one brother/sisterhood, but the real relationship between humans is Islam, which is one BODY.
So, throughout the course of our days we hardly stop to see how our fellow human is doing. People are dealing with real problems in society and all we have to do is sincerely look them in the eyes and ask them, “How are you doing today?”. It is not about ourselves. We are so caught up in chasing the dunya that we never find even a second for our fellow human and how their well being is.
I know from my own personal experiences that the expression of compassion to a stranger can change the outcome of their view of life.
If we show a little compassion to a stranger it could be the difference between them taking their own lives, or this tragic mass shooting.
Look at the previous high school mass shootings – who did them? It was usually children who felt like outcasts and were bullied – feelings of helplessness and that no one understood them.
Let us follow the authentic Sunnah of our Prophet (saw) today. Who knows – just by taking a second to stop and inquire how our fellow human feels we may even have a new Muslim, because we as Muslims are the only ones who truly care about the condition of humanity.
Do we remember the famous story of the jewess who accosted the Prophet (saw) daily on his walks and how he (saw) still inquired about her health while she was on her death bed? And Allah knows best.
Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr: A man asked the Prophet (saw), “What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?” The Prophet (saw) replied, “To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know.” [Bukhari Vol. 1, Book 2, #11]
لا تصوموا حتى تروا الهلال ، ولا تفطروا حتى تروه ، فإن غم عليكم فاقدروا له
“Do not commence fasting (Ramadan) till you see the new moon, and do not cease fasting (perform Eid) till you see it. But if the weather is cloudy, or there is a smog in the sky (which prevents sighting of the moon), then complete 30 days of the month.” [Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Page 256]
In another narration, the Messenger of Allah SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam said,
الشهر تسع وعشرون ليلة ، فلا تصوموا حتى تروه ، فإن غم عليكم فأكملوا العدة ثلاثين
“The month sometimes is of twenty-nine days, but do not fast till you see the moon. But if the weather is cloudy or there is a smog, then complete thirty days of the month.” [Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Page 256]
Dedicated to my dear wife: